[update-www] Website updated on Sat Oct 30 17:10:19 MDT 2004

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 30 16:35:20 PDT 2004

On Saturday 30 October 2004 19:10, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Command: /home/lizardo/scripts/update-website-hook.sh
> /home/svn/repositories/www 869
>
> mkdir -p logs
> svn log --verbose --xml svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/www 2>/dev/null |
> /home/httpd/test.linuxfromscratch.org/rsync-test/scripts/svn2html.pl
> --with-branchname > logs/www.html.tmp cmp -s logs/www.html.tmp
> logs/www.html || cp logs/www.html.tmp logs/www.html rm logs/www.html.tmp
> cat templates/website-top.html \
> logs/www.html \
> templates/website-bottom.html > website.html
> rm -rf news/hints/2004
> LC_ALL=C
> /home/httpd/test.linuxfromscratch.org/rsync-test/scripts/manage_news.pl -a
> news/ -i hints/news-2004.txt -t templates/hints/archive-top.html -b
> templates/hints/archive-bottom.html mkdir -p timestamp
> date +%s > timestamp/timestamp
>
> real	0m7.439s
> user	0m1.130s
> sys	0m0.100s

Much better now :). If anyone is wondering why the hints news archive gets
recreated over and over, it's because we don't have hints-related news items
from 2004 yet, so the news/hints/2004 directory is never created and "make"
thinks it needs to recreate it. The easiest fix is to add a new news item for
the hints project :)

I've moved the commands responsible for updating the project-specific sections
(svn logs, hints tarballs, patches) to my personal crontab file while they
are not incorporated as post-commits hooks for each project. Currently, my
crontab has the following:

 00 02,14 * * * \
/home/lizardo/scripts/update-website-hook.sh "/home/svn/repositories/ALFS"
"HEAD" update-alfs; \
/home/lizardo/scripts/update-website-hook.sh "/home/svn/repositories/BLFS"
"HEAD" update-blfs; \
/home/lizardo/scripts/update-website-hook.sh "/home/svn/repositories/hints"
"HEAD" update-hints; \
/home/lizardo/scripts/update-website-hook.sh "/home/svn/repositories/LFS"
"HEAD" update-lfs; \
/home/lizardo/scripts/update-website-hook.sh "/home/svn/repositories/patches"
"HEAD" update-patches

I've used the same schedule of the current update-website.sh fcron entry so we
have the same update frequency of the current website.

Next step will be to move the above commands to each project's hook script.
--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/