Jeremy's server isn't syncing again

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 30 07:42:10 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 19:00, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> > Don't think it's my server this time.  lfs.osuosl.org is also behind,
> > as are a lot of others.
> >
> > Alexander, did your recent alterations of update-website.sh by any
> > chance mess with the setting of the timestamp?  A change in the
> > timestamp is what triggers an update - without that, any mirror that
> > uses the published rsync script will not sync properly.
> >
> > -J-
>
> Oops, sorry, I meant Anderson :)
>
> Looks like that's the case - the timestamp file that triggers a mirror
> to rsync hasn't changed in quite some time, which is why my mirror is
> not sync'ing.  I'll force a manual update for now.  Anderson - please
> check your render-website script to ensure it's properly updating this
> timestamp, or we need to notify all mirror maintainers to alter their
> scripts to rsync the website.

Not sure it's the new script fault... As you can see from the messages it
sends to the list, it's only touching /home/test.linuxfromscratch.org for
now.

I just found there is a stale /tmp/update-website-in-progress lock file (from
Oct 22), which is probably preventing the script from running.

BTW, Jeremy, can you "transfer" the cron job from gerard's account to my
account so I can disable it right before putting the new script on-line?

Thanks,
--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org