Jeremy's server isn't syncing again

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed Oct 27 16:00:38 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>> I'm think Jeremy reads this list, so I'm posting here.
>>
>> It appears Jeremy's server is not syncing BLFS again. Best I can
>> tell it is about a week behind.
>>
> Don't think it's my server this time.  lfs.osuosl.org is also behind,
> as are a lot of others.
>
> Alexander, did your recent alterations of update-website.sh by any
> chance mess with the setting of the timestamp?  A change in the
> timestamp is what triggers an update - without that, any mirror that
> uses the published rsync script will not sync properly.
>
> -J-

Oops, sorry, I meant Anderson :)

Looks like that's the case - the timestamp file that triggers a mirror
to rsync hasn't changed in quite some time, which is why my mirror is
not sync'ing.  I'll force a manual update for now.  Anderson - please
check your render-website script to ensure it's properly updating this
timestamp, or we need to notify all mirror maintainers to alter their
scripts to rsync the website.

-J-