TARGETDIR variable on update-website.mk

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 25 08:21:15 PDT 2004

Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2004 17:02, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>
>>Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>>
>>>svn: Editing property on non-local target
>>>'svn+ssh://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/www' not yet supported
>>>
>>>So when we get this feature implemented, property editing will be a lot
>>>easier (i.e. will not require a working copy).
>>
>>This is a limitation of Subversion, not the LFS installation of it, I
>>believe. Is that what you were referring to in "when we get this feature
>>implemented"?
>

> Yeah, just change s/we/the Subversion developers/. Don't know where "we" came
> from ;).

Well, remote propedits are allowed - but only on non-versioned
properties (e.g. svn:log).  As you're editing a _versioned_ property
then it's quite right in asking you to make your changes in a working
copy and then commit them - heck, you wouldn't want to be able to hack
on the website directly in the repository would you? :)

For details see http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook-1.1/ch07s02.html and
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook-1.1/ch05.html#svn-ch-5-sect-1.2.
Maybe targetdir *should* be a non-versioned property, at least that'll
allow you to remotely edit the properties at least.

Regards,

Matt.