update-website.sh and Subversion

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 26 12:59:22 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've just updated the update-website.sh script to fetch log information from
the Subversion repository. You can see the result at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/news.html. It currently only works for
the LFS module, as soon as other projects migrate to svn, I'll update its
section accordingly.

Good news :). Subversion allows to query log information directly from the
remote repository, so the script does not need to fetch an entire working
copy. This reduce the network usage considerably and the time necessary to
run update-website.sh decreases.

Last night I was having problems with the svn hanging indefinately. I suppose
it's the same problem described at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook/apb.html#svn-ap-b-sect-1.2.1. Is anyone
else having such problem? I'm afraid it would occur while update-website.sh
is running, hanging it until the offending lockfile is removed.

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/