TWiki News management

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 24 15:54:17 PDT 2004

On Thursday 24 June 2004 11:50 am, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Anybody have an idea already on how to do the news management with
> TWiki? If not, I'd like to adopt the same model as we have now, but
> then managed through TWiki:
> - new items added to the respective %Web%/News$YEAR page
> - the Project/News page %INCLUDEs% the top two items (should be
> possible with a regex), with links to the older items
>
> For Main/News, we can include all news pages, although it would be
> nice if they were sorted by date instead of by Web.
>
> Any suggestions for a more automated approach are appreciated, of
> course.

You could...
Make a master database with each news item, a timestamp, and
related-project name.  That database would only need to reside once on
belgarath.  Whatever scripts you use to update the content could make a
few queries to the database for news relative to each project and spit
them out as files for inclusion, sorted in whichever way you prefer.
So, for the Main/News page an all-inclusive list sorted by date would
be easy...

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net