Bugzilla todos

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 19 03:04:20 PDT 2004

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:49:47 +0200
Jeroen Coumans <jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I asked around on the bugzilla lists and while they agreed that XHTML
> compliance was a worthy goal, they were worried about compatibility
> with older browsers.

Errr, IIRC XHTML is simly a (much) stricter variety of HTML, and
therefore if a browser can render HTML then it should also be able to
render XHTML.  Oh, maybe they mean having it look pretty via CSS, which
I agree older browsers (and even newer browsers too for that matter) may
get wrong.  Nowt they should be concerned about personally, it should be
up to the bugzilla maintainers at each site to produce CSS that renders
as best as possible in their users' browsers.  Bugzilla folks could get
by without shipping any default CSS at all with a bugzilla release,
although a sane default would be handy admittedly.

Matt.