Proposal: integrate hints into the Wiki?

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 11 20:28:50 PDT 2004

Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>> Well, I see lots of advantages and practically no disadvantages. I
>> know many people don't like a Wiki, but with the access controls it's
>> really no different from the current system. Opinions?
>

> If the hints can easily be exported to a nicely formatted text file so
> that it can be downloaded, I am all for it.
>
> I personally find the wiki pretty confusing (even more confusing than
> IRC) :) But since Jeroen has been a pretty strong advocate, guess I am
> willing to learn.

I just thought of this, but the move to a wiki may raise the barrier for
folks who submit the hints. Currently anyone can create a hint using a
text editor. With the move to a wiki, folks may get discouraged from
submitting an hint.

How about having an option? Hint authors who feel comfortable can create
a wiki page for the hint and use the text export function you mentioned
to create the hint. Old fashioned guys like me can still submit the
hints in text.