Proposal: integrate hints into the Wiki? (long)

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 9 15:06:55 PDT 2004

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 23:56:24 +0200
Jeroen Coumans <jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Jim Gifford said the following on 09-06-2004 20:11:
> >
> > It was discussed here and not notified to the other lists of a major
> > change. Didn't you
> > just recently critize me for making a change to patches without
> > discussing it.
>
> 1. How can you compare an open, archived discussion with a *private*
> discussion while one of the *patches maintainers* was offline and
> *not* aware of the change and also *not* in agreement with the change?

a) I certainly wasn't aware that Tushar was offline, not sure if anyone
else that took part in the discussion was or not.

b) He was made aware of the proposal via inclusion in the private
discussion as I've mentioned to you several times through our own
private correspondence on this matter.

c) He didn't object to the change, which could be construed as
silent-agreement depending on your POV.

Just tyring to clear this up before it degenerates into another
flamewar.

Regards,

Matt.