Proposal: integrate hints into the Wiki?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 8 23:01:31 PDT 2004

Tushar Teredesai said the following on 09-06-2004 02:15:
> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>> Well, I see lots of advantages and practically no disadvantages. I
>> know many people don't like a Wiki, but with the access controls it's
>> really no different from the current system. Opinions?
>

> If the hints can easily be exported to a nicely formatted text file so
> that it can be downloaded, I am all for it.

We'll make it a priority to fullfil this requirement :-)

> I personally find the wiki pretty confusing (even more confusing than
> IRC) :) But since Jeroen has been a pretty strong advocate, guess I am
> willing to learn.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm busy setting up TWiki now, and
I'll implement the current hint authorization and publication structure
at first. It's your choice to allow readers the capacity to update their
hints or other freedoms under the hints web. Even with those
restrictions you'll still see lots of benefits though.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans