Voting Booth/Poll

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Fri Oct 31 12:41:45 PST 2003

"Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational" wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, [iso-8859-1] Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > Maybe Bugzilla is more suitable for this? We can add a bug named "Build
> results
> > for LFS 5.0", and users with unsuccessful builds can comment the bug and
> > describe the problem. And, AFAIK, Bugzilla has a built-in voting poll that
> can
> > be more suitable for this purpose.
>
> This seems a good possibility, but for one thing. I thnk if it is not
> *extremely* convenient, people will generally not want to make the
> effort to click on "Submit a Bug" (ignoring the fact that they would not
> recognize it as the place to "vote" in the first place), serrch for the
> bug (or enter its number *if* they know it), wait for the proper screen,
> click what's necessary (do they have to have a ;ogin for that?)...

And what about the system used by KDE (see http://bugs.kde.org/)? Actually, it
is a more user-friendly version of Bugzilla and seems very suitable for this
purpose.

> Anyway, what I was wanting to know is if the poll might be useful for
> such a thing. If you say yes, then it is a candidate for discussion on
> the lists to decide if the concept has any merit. If so, then lists or
> bugzilla or the poll methods can be examined on the *dev lists.

I'm not able to play with the poll right now, because of a problem with my home
computer (see my last post on lfs-chat). I suggest you go ahead and post on
lfs-dev. See if there is enough interest and we can decide later on what's the
best tool for this purpose.

--
Anderson Lizardo

Yahoo! Mail - o melhor webmail do Brasil
http://mail.yahoo.com.br