A couple more "fixed" news items needed?

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Sun Oct 26 14:08:06 PST 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational. You said the following on 10/25/03
> 15:35:
> > Thoughts?
>
> I agree, the roadmap should be in the menu.
>
> Bill, since you're the head of the organizational team, could you review

I am??? Am I going to have to arm-wrestle Gerard to keep my "promotion"?
Damn, I'm good! Only two months on the job and I've taken over!  ;))

> the current website menustructure and see if it's still apropriate in
> the "new" organization? When I look back at it after not being so
> "involved" with it I find it less intuitive then when I first
> implemented it. It was based on a task-oriented approach.

I also had some difficulties doing certain navigations. But I thought it
was just me. I think maybe you ought to post an RFC to the lists and get
feedback from the experienced folks. Shouldn't be any *major* from what
I can see,

> Also, IIRC there were other Wiki-pages which should be converted to the
> website.

My focus has been a little narrow, but while I'm there I'll scout
around.

> TIA

Sorry for the delay - getting basic BLFS needs (dns, postfix, fetchmail,
...) working on the LFS CVS system with BLFS 5.0*. Testing good now.

Yes, will be glad to do it. I'll have to change caps and think
differently than I do normally, so give me a couple of days. In trying
to use it, I found some things that were not so obvious to me, but I
chalked 'em up to my "non-GUI" orientation. But I'll start making a list
suggestions that you and the folks can comment on. maybe your RFC will
yield better results though.

BTW, had lost my X on my 2.4.20 (appx. 2003-05-30 LFS) system and have
been working in text mode. Finally installed (binary - please forgive
me) NS 6.2.3 on my old RH 6.2 system (at least it wasn't on LFS  :) and
WOW! The website is *really* nice! I hadn't really gotten the *full*
impact of all the work you and Anderson had done until I saw it like
this!

Kudos, kudos, kudos!

Anyway, give me a few days, because I'll be multiplexing it with more
BLFS-install work, and I'll get something cobbled together that we can
critique.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational