Voting Booth/Poll

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Sat Oct 25 14:44:08 PDT 2003

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > I will be testing the following standalone voting polls that I found
> > on Freshmeat:
> >
> > http://freshmeat.net/projects/gpoll/
>
> I like gpoll. It's simple and flexible and is already XHTML 1.0 ready.
> Supports many kinds of database systems: PostgreSQL, mySQL, Oracle, or
> Sybase. I've tested it locally, because it doesn't have a on-line demo
> available. Gerard, can you setup a database for it, so we can show it
> working on-line? Just add a database named "gpoll" and a DB user
> "gpoll" (you can send me the password privately) for it. It also needs
> a place to put the Perl scripts, with execution permission (some kind
> of "cgi-bin" directory). BTW, what DB system is currently available on
> the server?
><snip>

Would this be suitable for something I suggested a short while ago?
That is, I felt we had no firm way to assure that a pre-release had
received adequate testing, from our POV, to determine if it was
suitable for final release. I would like to see this sort of polling
for the general user community to confirm the test teams' results.
Oh! Might be good for them (test teams) too. Multiple architectures
would be a plus I guess.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational