A couple more "fixed" news items needed?

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Sat Oct 25 06:35:39 PDT 2003

I don't know if it's just me, but I tried to find the Roadmap on the web
site today. Spent some time trying to find them. No luck unless I go and
search or the news archive for August.

I believe that the roadmaps, and other organization items, should be
either a "fixed" news item, like the release of a book (not my
preference, for several reasons) or accessible via hyperlink from any
of the pages.

Since there are several roadmaps, I guess a main page link would lead to
links for each, or a link to just "organization" to lead to all such
items. For now, if you think a link to organization is sufficient, you
could make that link to the wiki Organization section:

<http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=Organization%20Documents>

I already have a "Future Directions" link established in the wiki
Org docs. If you agree about a "static" setup of some kind, I can
add the link you create to it.

Conversly, the Roadmap could also appear at the top of the wiki
page, although I think it should be either on the LFS web site
directly or encompassed in org docs.

Thoughts?

--
Bill Maltby,