How does this P2P stuff work?

Richard A Downing FBCS geek109 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 24 12:59:47 PDT 2003

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:48:33 +0200
Jeroen Coumans <jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 10/24/03 00:18:
> > On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:18:02PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans
> > wrote: Oh and the reason I'm sending this to the website list
> > is that this P2P stuff will be used for the lfs-packages
> > distribution. At least I'll get a tarball, sign it, get it
> > circulating. That's the idea anywya, not having much luck so
> > far.
>
> Yeah, Richard Downing (?) was working on a hint, but I had
> written a very short intro:
> http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-chat/2003-October/018172.html
>
> To share a package, put it in $HOME/.mldonkey/incoming
> To download a package, enter the link via the GUI or via the
> input box in the web interface.
>
> I'll add some of this information to the packages page before
> it becomes a FAQ...
>
> --
> Jeroen Coumans (jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org)
> FAQ and Website Maintainer
> {faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org

I have to say I gave up. I just could not get the thing to work
for me.  Maybe my firewall.  So no hint, even in the pipeline.

--
Cheers, Richard

Richard A Downing FBCS

Anyone  sending  unwanted  advertising   e-mail
to this address will be charged $25 for network
traffic and computing time.   By  extracting my
address from  this  message or its  header, you
agree to these terms.