need to validate site before update-website.sh makes it live

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 24 09:00:28 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 21:36, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Both do the same thing. One advantage of the last one is that, if you
> have a well-configured Docbook installation (I don't know the details,
> but you can "force" OpenSP to use local DTDs instead of on-line ones),
> it will not download the XHTML DTD from W3C, but use the local DTD.

I'll opt for the download. Docbook might not live to survive much longer
so I'll use xmllint which is a definite keeper.

Did some testing, works nice. xmlllint spews out an error and also exit
value of '1' so the script can test for that and abort before the site
is made live. This will stop us having a bad site for x amount of time
during which mirrors could sync it which would cause that mirror to be
broken for a whole lot longer.

I'll add some scripting glue into update-website.sh to use xmllint on
all generated html files.

Thanks Anderson1

--
Gerard Beekmans