How does this P2P stuff work?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 24 08:48:33 PDT 2003

Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 10/24/03 00:18:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:18:02PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Oh and the reason I'm sending this to the website list is that this P2P
> stuff will be used for the lfs-packages distribution. At least I'll get a
> tarball, sign it, get it circulating. That's the idea anywya, not having
> much luck so far.

Yeah, Richard Downing (?) was working on a hint, but I had written a
very short intro:
http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-chat/2003-October/018172.html

To share a package, put it in $HOME/.mldonkey/incoming
To download a package, enter the link via the GUI or via the input box
in the web interface.

I'll add some of this information to the packages page before it becomes
a FAQ...

FAQ and Website Maintainer
{faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org