Voting Booth/Poll

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo at yahoo.com.br
Thu Oct 23 12:01:27 PDT 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 10/21/03 22:56:
> > Website guys,
> >
> > I'd like you to look into setting up polls. Slashcode has this
> > built-in (see sites like devchannel, linux.com, slashdot) so maybe
> > it can be ripped out and integrated into our site without running
> > all of slashcode? Or some other voting/poll program. CGI is fine,
> > it doesn't need to be mirrored so anything goes.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> I have no prior experience with such things. It should be relatively

Neither am I :-/

> simple though; we need a database for storing and sorting the
> results, and some forms to capture them. I take any suggestions, or
> if Anderson wants to tackle this, that's okay with me too.
> I'll see what I can do though.

I think it's better we use some existent implementation, like that one
Gerard mentioned. It's a so popular feature that should be various
(good) scripts specific for this task. I will search for some
voting/poll programs and see a nice/light one for our Website. Of
course, suggestions are welcome ;-)

--
Anderson Lizardo