nALFS CVS snapshots?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 23 10:24:20 PDT 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> I'd rather have it in the website script but it's common practice on the
> LFS server to do this in a seperate script. Just make sure your script
> puts the content in the designated directories under
> /home/httpd/www.lfs.org/alfs/downloads/

Well, it's your call. To put it into the website script, replace your
"#ALFS CVS" tag with:

pushd $ALFS/nALFS &&
sh ./bootstrap &&
./configure &&
make dist &&
mv nALFS-CVS.tar.bz2 $TMPDIR/www/alfs/downloads/cvs &&
popd

However, that would rebuild the snapshot as often as the site itself
is rebuilt, rather than only once per day as a separate cron job would
likely do. At the moment, it appears that I do not have write access
to /home/httpd/www.lfs.org/alfs/downloads/*, so my own cron script
couldn't put the tarball there directly.