nALFS CVS snapshots?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 23 09:35:27 PDT 2003

Hi Kevin P. Fleming. You said the following on 10/23/03 17:22:
> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>> www.lfs.org/alfs/download/{cvs,stable} has been created. Have a look
>> at the other download directories in blfs and lfs to see what's
>> supposed to go in them. Remember to chmod g+w && chgrp lfswww anything
>> you put in there. Have a look at /usr/bin/update-website.sh to see how
>> you can integrate the snapshots. I've left an area blank; I'm sure you
>> can come up with a decent patch for it :-)
>>

> OK, I've looked at /home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org/alfs and I don't
> see the download directory there.. where should I have been looking?

Woops, small mistake in update-websites.sh caused it to disappear.
Recreated now...

> Would you prefer to have update-website.sh actually build the CVS
> snapshot, or should it just copy an already built snapshot from some
> other location that was built by a separate cron job? The commands to
> make the snapshot consist of about 5 or 6 lines, it's nothing complicated.

I'd rather have it in the website script but it's common practice on the
LFS server to do this in a seperate script. Just make sure your script
puts the content in the designated directories under
/home/httpd/www.lfs.org/alfs/downloads/
And be careful for race conditions; the website is update twice a day
(check fcron); be sure not to interfere with it (it has happened before).

FAQ and Website Maintainer
{faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org