nALFS CVS snapshots?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 22 14:43:36 PDT 2003

Hi Kevin P. Fleming. You said the following on 10/21/03 20:33:

> I think the www.lfs.org/alfs/download thing would be great, especially
> if that means they get mirrored. I can create a personal cron job for
> now to create the snapshots, if one of the website people can tell me
> where to put the resulting .tar.bz2 file.

www.lfs.org/alfs/download/{cvs,stable} has been created. Have a look at
the other download directories in blfs and lfs to see what's supposed to
go in them. Remember to chmod g+w && chgrp lfswww anything you put in
there. Have a look at /usr/bin/update-website.sh to see how you can
integrate the snapshots. I've left an area blank; I'm sure you can come
up with a decent patch for it :-)

The other ALFS site changes which were discussed with James are
forthcoming...

If you or Neven have any other things you'd like to express on the ALFS
site, please discuss them here.

FAQ and Website Maintainer
{faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org