BLFS 5.0 pre1

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 9 03:05:02 PDT 2003

Hi Larry. You said the following on 10/09/03 04:25:
> I have positioned 5.0 pre1 in blfs/view/test and in the blfs-museum.  I
> used to have to make the web changes to put it on the menu but I am
> hoping the I don't do that anymore.  If someone could do that or tell me
> it's still my job and a hint as to where to start, I can do that too.

I've made infrastructural changes which makes editing the menu not
necessary anymore. You have the following entries:

Download:

     * Current stable
     * Test version -> link to blfs/downloads/test
     * Current CVS
     * Previous Releases
     * Packages
     * Artwork

All you have to do is populate downloads/test with the prerendered book
versions and view/test with the online viewable book. Now make a news
announcement. To do that, edit www/blfs/news-2003.txt. It probably is
easier if you just copy Gerards announcement of LFS-5.0-pre2 from
lfs/news-2003.txt. It's important to keep the exact same syntax,
complete with long lines.

Good luck!

FAQ and Website Maintainer
{faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org