Patches dir has disappeared completely!

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 8 04:26:59 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 12:22:39PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> On Wed, 08, Oct, 2003 at 09:07:10PM +1000, Greg Schafer spoke thus..
> > On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 12:06:17PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> > > I believe the phrase rhymes with "clucking bell". </blackadder>
> >
> > Can't stop laughing after that one! :-)
> >
> > > I'm on it now.
> > >
> > > Again apologies for this though I'm at a loss to understand why
> > > tightening CVS permissions has buggered this lot.
> >
> > If that stuff really has been nuked, then at least the LFS one should only
> > take me about 10 mins or so to recreate. It was essentially a bunch of
> > symlinks.
>
> So it's done manually?  I've spent the last ten minutes digging through
> the update script to see where they're created.

Yes, manually. That is the current procedure as outlined by the patches
maintainers. If it can be automated, all good and well. I've put Tushar back
in the cc.

I'll go ahead and recreate the LFS ones. Can you assure me I'm not wasting
my time? i.e.  the nuke won't happen again? :-)

> I'm cc'ing Jeroen, Gerard and website on this to see if they think we
> should have an automatic symlink creation system.  Hope that's OK.

No probs rob.

Greg