Patches dir has disappeared completely!

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 8 04:22:39 PDT 2003

On Wed, 08, Oct, 2003 at 09:07:10PM +1000, Greg Schafer spoke thus..
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 12:06:17PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> > I believe the phrase rhymes with "clucking bell". </blackadder>
>
> Can't stop laughing after that one! :-)
>
> > I'm on it now.
> >
> > Again apologies for this though I'm at a loss to understand why
> > tightening CVS permissions has buggered this lot.
>
> If that stuff really has been nuked, then at least the LFS one should only
> take me about 10 mins or so to recreate. It was essentially a bunch of
> symlinks.

So it's done manually?  I've spent the last ten minutes digging through
the update script to see where they're created.

Shouldn't we do something like have a {B,LFS}/BOOK/symlinks.txt file with
one symlink per line - the symlinks could then be refreshed by the
update-website script everytime the website is updated (or alternatively
[more sensibly] the render-lfs-book script).

> Can't vouch for the BLFS one tho'

Ah.. I see a long series of ln -s's in my future if it is done manually.

> Don't worry man. These things do happen!

Not a good start to my job as CVS bloke though :-(

I'm cc'ing Jeroen, Gerard and website on this to see if they think we
should have an automatic symlink creation system.  Hope that's OK.

Mark

"I got off at Durham... and fell in love with it instantly.  Why, it's
 wonderful - a perfect little city.  If you have never been to Durham, go
 there at once. Take my car. It's wonderful."
     Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson