(hopefully) a helpful suggestion

Steven ricojonah at netzero.com
Mon Oct 6 17:12:27 PDT 2003

I'm may be directing this e-mail to the inapropriate e-mail address for Linux From Scratch. If this is the case, please accept my apologies.

I would like to share a small idea with you. I've noticed that, on quite a few occasions, many LFS members/users are having difficulty in their efforts to find a specific program package. Though the writer(s) of the LFS book have suggested using Google for finding these hard-to-find files, I must insist that you take a quick look at http://www.filemirrors.com  .

The filemirrors.com resource is basicly a searching resource, seemingly as powerful as Google (imho), specificly for the intent of finding files. Through my personal experience with searching for those near-impossible-to-find packages listed in the LFS book, filemirrors.com has been of extreme value to me.

I believe that letting the LFS members/community know about the File Mirrors search resource would prove to be of very significant value to everyone in the LFS community. Posting a reference to this resource to your LFS book, FAQs, and/or other places is what I am specificly suggesting.

Thank you for your time. I hope that this information proves to be useful to you.

- Steve Allen (10838)