[links-list] Re: Working with history file

Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters miciah at myrealbox.com
Sun Mar 30 20:47:37 PST 2003

In article <20030330164434.GB13989 at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Milan Berta wrote:
> I have a history file named "links.his" in "~/.links/". When
> I start links and press <ESC>-f-y (or simply the letter h)
> to read a global history, it open a blank window named
> Global history. Should I write sth in links.cfg or what have
> I do? The "links.his" is not empty.

Links has no global history of which I am aware. You must be running
ELinks which does. Any way, you are looking at the wrong file.

~/.links/links.his:
    The history of URLs that you've entered in the 'Go to URL' box.

~/.elinks/gotohist:
    Same file, but for ELinks.

~/.elinks/globhist:
    ELinks' global history.

Of course the global history should not be blank if you have visited any
pages. Do pages appear in it as you browse, only to be lost when you
exit and re-launch ELinks? That might indicate trouble writing the file.
Else, check the document.history.global.enable and
document.history.global.max_items options. Remember, edit
~/.elinks/elinks.conf (not ~/.links/links.cfg) or use the options
manager which is under the Setup menu.

HTH,

 -- Miciah <miciah at myrealbox.com>
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org