[links-list] Re: ELinks 0.4pre19: tiny bookmarks dialog

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sat Nov 30 12:35:56 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 02:06:52PM CET, I got a letter,
where José Luis González González <jlg80 at mi.madritel.es> told me, that...
> ELinks 0.4pre19 promised:
>
> * The bookmarks dialog is now as large as possible
>
> But my experience is just the opposite.  On my 80x25 terminal, the
> bookmarks dialog is only 15 lines tall, which (resting the framing, the
> buttons and empty space) leaves only 6 lines for the bookmarks list!

Hmm... well, we compute the height as:

                                            v frames, buttons & stuff
item->h = term->y * 2 / 3 - 2 * DIALOG_TB - 8;
                                ^^^^^^^^^ border

If it's not 2/3, it's too wide and it looks ugly on larger terminals. Also,
there is a limitation factor of minimal height of the listbox being 6. If this
should change, how?

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.
> I don't know why people still want ACL's. There were noises about them for
> samba, but I'v enot heard anything since. Are vendors using this?
Because People Are Stupid(tm).  Because it's cheaper to put "ACL support: yes"
in the feature list under "Security" than to make sure than userland can cope
with anything more complex than  "Me Og.  Og see directory.  Directory Og's.
Nobody change it".  C.f. snake oil, P.T.Barnum and esp. LSM users
        -- Al Viro
.
Crap: http://pasky.ji.cz/
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org