[links-list] Re: Graphical Links with extra features

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Fri Nov 29 16:39:27 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 12:58:35AM CET, I got a letter,
where aludal <aludal at softhome.net> told me, that...
> > - Lua scripting - ported from Links-Lua, not from current elinks code, but
> > 	the differences are not so sensitive, I hope.
> Great!

In fact, there were only some cleanups, IIRC.

> > - HTTP Auth - stable, ported form Elinks
> this one even greater feat! Czech guys might accept it in their main trunk.

Nnah! ELinks is starting to loose its feature jump here! Stop him someone! ;-))

> > - Cookies saving - simply saving, as I'm too lazy (and I really don't need
> > 	it) to port from Elinks correct http header parsing...
> ....was there any problem with"plain" cookie saving, ever?

Well, I think that it's a bad thing to save everything; when doing it already,
the cookies should be properly expired, IMHO.

Anyway, Links team was refusing the relevant patches...

Kind regards,

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.
> I don't know why people still want ACL's. There were noises about them for
> samba, but I'v enot heard anything since. Are vendors using this?
Because People Are Stupid(tm).  Because it's cheaper to put "ACL support: yes"
in the feature list under "Security" than to make sure than userland can cope
with anything more complex than  "Me Og.  Og see directory.  Directory Og's.
Nobody change it".  C.f. snake oil, P.T.Barnum and esp. LSM users
        -- Al Viro
.
Crap: http://pasky.ji.cz/
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org