[links-list] Re: Few fixes of copy/paste in links -g under X11

Ludvik Tesar tesar at mee.tcd.ie
Thu Nov 28 04:05:28 PST 2002

Hi Alexander,

I will try to give you answers to your questions.

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, aludal wrote:
> Now couple of questions:
> 1) is your patch additive, that is, applicable over a recent patch on "Copy
> URL...." and "paste it to the /dev/null", so to speak? or I need clean
> sources? Here, you're also talking about a new version of the patch which
> might be "additive", is it true for your "...lt217-3..." version, or we need
> to wait a little bit more?

No, it is not additive. I made the new patch applicable again to the
original links-2.1pre7 (see "Recommended way to use it"). If you already
applied my original patch and made some other modifications, than it might
be awkward for you to merge these two patches. In this case, I could make
incremental patch for you. But I plan to make a new patch comming from
links-2.1pre8, whenever the new version of links arise.

> 2) I didn't get it loud and clear, sorry: Is "non-URL text" selectable now?
> The right-click drop-down menu badly needs something like "Search in Google",
> or the like.

No, it is not working for "non-URL text" selection. This is what I mean by
"non-working full text selections of rendered html document". It would,
definitely be possible to implement, I think, but it is not done yet. It
would need hacking into parts of source code, that I don't understand yet.
Ideally it should be selectable by left-mouse-dragging, highlight the
selection and copy it, whenever the left-mouse button was released. It is
how it works in Xwindows applications. However, if this is going to seem
impossible, then some other way will definitely be possible.

> Thank you, and have a Prazdroi,

BTW, although I am Czech and I live in Ireland, I don't drink beer. That
is  neither Prazdroj, Budvar(Budweiser), Staropramen, Radegast, nor
Guinness, Kilkenny, Beamish or Smithwicks. Maybe occassionally I can have one or
two pints, but I prefer something else, like for example wine.

Ludvik