[links-list] Re: Few fixes of copy/paste in links -g under X11

William Yodlowsky wyodlows at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 26 10:53:24 PST 2002

Ludvik Tesar <tesar at mee.tcd.ie> wrote:

> Now, I fixed also pasting and I am sending patch of links-2.1pre7 for both
> these things together. Petr Kulhavy wrote me, that he have taken my

This is great news...

> Recommended way to use it:
>
> tar -xzf links-2.1pre7.tar.gz
> patch -p0 <links-lt217new.diff
> cd links-2.1pre7/intl
> ./synclang

This is what happens when I try it on Solaris 8.

synclang seems to get stuck in a loop and creates a _sync.tmp that grows
without bound...

% ./synclang
Syncing other languages.
-n belarusian
^C
% more _sync.tmp
, NULL,
, NULL,
, NULL,
, NULL,
, NULL,
, NULL,
, NULL,
[... and on and on ...]

I gave it the benefit of the doubt and ended up with several hundred
megs of ", NULL,".  It never ended until I broke out of it.

Skipping synclang causes links not to compile at menu.c, however running
gen-intl followed by configure/make seems to go ok and it works fine for
me (using English).

Thanks so much for the patch!

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org