[links-list] Re: Patch that implements "Copy link location" for links

Ludvik Tesar tesar at mee.tcd.ie
Wed Nov 20 03:48:50 PST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Petr Kulhavy wrote:

> Seems to work. I've made several fixes in the patch. It will be in next
> release.

O.K. thanks, I will try to fix pasting in X11 as well. It has two
problems:

1. It uses too unusual clipboard mechanism, thus working only with
native xterm (not even with gnome-terminal or any other application I
can think about)
2. If you paste the text with more than one line (text has line feeds)
into any of links dialogs or any webform, it pastes the first line and
interprets other lines as commands. Result of such "paste" can be
completely re-configured links with spoiled bookmarks.

Ludvik

--
Ludvik Tesar
Dept. of Electronic & Electrical Engineering,
E-mail: tesar at mee.tcd.ie
Tel. +353-1-6083818   Fax. +353-1-6772442

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org