[links-list] Patch that implements "Copy link location" for links

Ludvik Tesar tesar at mee.tcd.ie
Tue Nov 19 11:11:54 PST 2002

Hi everybody,

I was said, that developers, who cope with graphics-dependent stuff
in links -g  are reading rather this conference, than links-discuss.
Due to this my previous attempts for the patch contribution to
links-discuss were probably ignored, so I am re-sending it here:

Some time ago, I was asking, whether it would be possible to implement
some kind of selection-copying mechanism for links, because it does not
work in links -g. I proposed to implement at least the function "Copy link
location", which would copy the URL of link through the pop-down menu.
I decided to implement this myself and did it, and now I am sending
the patch.

This is the patch for links version 2.1pre7:

http://papabois.mee.tcd.ie/~tesar/pc.cgi/links-lt217.diff

Could somebody write me, whether it is possible/desirable to add this
patch into the links distribution, or whether there is something wrong
with the patch?

As a side effect, it implements set_clipboard_text function for X-windows,
which is also necessary for general text selection/copying, so it will be
easier to do this.

How to use it: The new menu-item "Copy current URL location" appears in
the "File" menu. The new item "Copy link location" appears in the
pull-down if you click the link by right-hand-side button.
It works only in links -g under X11, otherwise it does not work,
and it does not show new menu items to avoid confusion.

Ludvik

--
Ludvik Tesar
Dept. of Electronic & Electrical Engineering,
E-mail: tesar at mee.tcd.ie
Tel. +353-1-6083818   Fax. +353-1-6772442

Unsubscribe: send email to links-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org