[links-list] Re: Links icons

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt jupp at gmx.de
Mon Nov 18 10:51:04 PST 2002

* On 2002-11-18 00:40
* aludal <aludal at softhome.net> wrote:
> Good! Sehr gut, Josef: you've got hooked into
> "do-it-yourself-Links" game, eh?

*LOL*

> While doing 32x32 and especially 16x16 rescaling of a whatever
> original, please watch letterform "L" deteriorate, so do some
> retouches.

Hmm, that's not too easy; my graphics software is xv and gvim. I'll
look into this.

> yeah.... Even UN blue global nirvana looks too politicized. If the
> Czech guys won't find where they hardwired their dirty grey
> background (which is sure bet, as noone searches...) use their
> soldier-overcoat grey (Soldaten grau) for plaque, it won't hurt
> anybody's national feelings.

Militant pacifists may take that color as an insult.

> Or better, for lettering (like putting "L" or "Links" on it)
> Menschenaugenpsychofisiologieletzteforschungen

fisiologie sounds Spanish (I suppose it's rather 'físiologia').
Physiology becomes Physiologie in German ;-)

> tell us that "raster"-grey would be pretty good (that is,
> low-contrast interleave of lighter and darker ~10-12 pix wide
> horizontal strips Apple's Mac-way.

God gracious, save us from such evil 8-O

> Deutschesbundesstandartendunkleschwarz

Black is reflection = 0. What is dark black, then?

> which is obviously ueberverboten to fade, or bleach.

If you use 'verboten' in a text that contains German and English you
need to point out if you use it in the English or German sense. In
German it simply means 'forbidden' whereas in English it means:
"forbidden usually by authority and often unreasonably"

> "This Web page is better seen with your eyes and Links "Go Links" /"Links"
> <--- my vignettes buttons, plus your "L/Links Now!" button.

My homepage has 'Content enhanced - use any browser' 'Lynx inspected'
and a 'Links now' button (which means that I recommend Links). But I
will not add a text reading '...better seen with Links...' because it
a) isn't true (text better displays in *elinks*) and b) because I
don't optimize my pages for a certain browser - I try my best to make
them independent of a certain browser.

> One question: couldn't find where my KDE produces (and hides) the
> original 16x16 "Links" icon (the one for topleft Links window
> corner): lots of them in my ./kde/share/thumbnails, don't know
> whether it's safe to get rid of earlier days variants....

I don't have Qt, leave alone KDE. I run IceWM (I used to maintain the
IceWM faq ;-).

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org