[links-list] Re: [ADMIN] Re: Significant font redesign; Unicode additions

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt jupp at gmx.de
Thu Nov 14 10:57:18 PST 2002

* On 2002-11-14 00:37
* Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw.cz> wrote:
> There are people out there for whose anything more than 0.5 MByte
> can be indeed a serious problem, especially if they have a poor
> line (modem) and they pay for time (modem; Europe).

You forgot to add that the amount of money one has to pay also
depends on the time at which one is online. I download files after
18:00 local time (17:00 UTC) in order to save money whereas Mails are
also downloaded earlier. This (and some guys that did send me files
of several megs simply because they miss-spelled some mail address)
is why I put a size limit on mail downloads (the patch was at the
upper limit of what is downloaded automatically).

> Thus, I think that a limit of 60kb per mail would be reasonable

That's fine with me. Actually I am subscribed to a plain text
newsletters that tends to be of that size.

> - if it's *that* big, people who are really interested in it can
> easily get it thru web, so why not to send a link instead?

The most important point is that one can easily decide *when* to
download.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
Web: http://jupp.tux.nu/       __..--""""""--..__         jupp at gmx.de