[links-list] Re: Significant font redesign; Unicode additions

aludal aludal at softhome.net
Wed Nov 13 12:46:23 PST 2002

В сообщении от 13 Ноябрь 2002 05:27 вы написали:
> Hi!
>
> * On 2002-11-13 13:18
>
> * aludal <aludal at softhome.net> wrote:
> > Attached is a big release
>
> 'Big' and 'attached' is a contradiction on mailing lists. Please
> don't send large files via mail but make them available online (there
> is lots of free web space all around the world). To put it this way:
> You ware only a few kilobyte from my auto-download limit. Larger
> mails are only downloaded after inspection...
Oh yes, I checked first: this particular list (as my SVLUG, CABAL &c. default
limits lists) has a limit of 0.5 MByte for address+cc+letter+attachment data.
My release is well below this limit. And it went through and got posted, even
with your self-imposed limit. So what's your problem? My next releases: a
very big monospace, then a huge, completely new italics set would be over any
limit, sure. Please keep your concerns with you till then. As for free
webspace elsewhere, I'd rather have it for flames and feature requests (to be
better ignored by our Czech authors).

> I could have sent my 80 kilobyte patch to the list. Imagine why I
> didn't...
.... and what was there we now are getting without thanks to your modesty?

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org