[links-list] Re: font problem and fix

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt jupp at gmx.de
Mon Nov 11 12:14:38 PST 2002

* On 2002-11-11 18:52
* Sven Neumann <sven at convergence.de> wrote:
> before you consider to use another format, it might make sense to
> convert the existing PNG files to 8bit grayscale. Some of them are
> saved as 8bit/color RGB and a few even have an alpha channel. I don't
> think this extra information is needed here.

I have already done this. Tarball with all converted files (about
80 KB) is available at:

http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs06f/fontfix/

I did do this because the non-grayscale PNGs didn't display on my
machine. IIRC two of the images are even 1bit grayscale...

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
Web: http://jupp.tux.nu/                           mailto:jupp at gmx.de
B.U.f.H. (Bastard user from hell): "Berserk Panic HOWTO"
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org