[links-list] Re: font problem and fix

Karel Kulhavy clock at atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Nov 10 04:58:39 PST 2002

> Also, with its speed, size and support for fb and svgalib, Links can be
> excellent choice for embedded market and poor machines in common - and from
> what I observe, it is indeed frequently used so. However, such machines usually
> aren't equipped with 100G disks ;-).

How much space do comparable fonts take up in TrueType?

And PDA's have got low LCD screen resolution (typically 240x320, for
example Zaurus), which automatically limits usability at high pixel
pitches, so that the internal PNG's need not to be 120 pixels high,
but say 40 pixels would suffice. And this will reduce the size
substantially.

--
Karel 'Clock' Kulhavy
|Software Developer                                             Chief Developer|
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org