[links-list] Re: proxy config with old version

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun Nov 10 04:31:49 PST 2002

Dear diary, on Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 12:48:01AM CET, I got a letter,
where Maik Holtkamp <s-y-l at gmx.net> told me, that...
> Hi,

Hello,

> I am using 0.4pre5 which is the standart version of my distribution
> debian woody.
>
> Since I am rather new on debian I lack in detailed knowledge of the
> package management and I am afraid to mess up the box before
> understanding in detail.
>
> I am looking for a option to tell links not to use the proxy for
> localhost and my family LAN holtkamp.priv.
>
> I found some infos on this topic using google, but neither the
> no_proxy environment variable nor setting no_proxy_for (or
> no-proxy-for) in ~/links.cfg does the trick :(.

I'd recommend to contact your debian package maintainer, Peter Gervai, who is
responsible for ELinks debian packages. From what I remember unclearly, package
"links" is in fact ELinks 0.4pre5, while package "elinks" should be some
reasonably new ELinks.

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.