[links-list] Re: font problem and fix

aludal aludal at softhome.net
Sat Nov 9 00:58:03 PST 2002

В сообщении от 9 Ноябрь 2002 00:26 вы написали:
> > > Even after bzip2 the tar (that only contains the graphics I did
> > > convert in their respective directories relative to
> > > links-2.1pre7/graphics) is still more than 80 K.
> >
> > Oh yeah.... Imagine a more or less complete Unicode of pngs, to deal
> > with: actually, 4 full sets of serifs (roman, bold, italics, bold
> > italics) + 4 more of the same for sans with each set of ~7300 glyphs,
> > plus "serifed" and "sans" CJK etc., ~27000 glyphs in each. Tar.bz2 bugfix
> > release of this would well weigh that side of 100 MByte. Unsere Rosie
> > macht uns Hosie, by that development. Time to switch to xft/freetype2
> > support, really.
>
> It doesn't work on
> svgalib-only machines
bdf (ready-made) or other bitmapped Unicode fonts then, maybe, for those poor
bastards? A fallback font for the rest...

> framebuffer-only machines
how about switching to that DirectFB driver support? Those guys boast they
could make a backend to freetype. At least their 3D shaded cursor looks
nice...

> OS/2 PMShell
I thought the percentage of those who use this half-OS was not just close to
zero, but almost negative what kind of rasterizer do these guys use? BTW, why
not supporting a BeOS, OS X/Darwin, QNX?

Last thing: please include my RusCyr *latest* additions in your next
(pre-)release.

Prosit!

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org