[links-list] Re: font problem and fix

aludal aludal at softhome.net
Sat Nov 9 00:17:41 PST 2002

В сообщении от 8 Ноябрь 2002 16:57 вы написали:
Hallo, Josef!

> I did just d/l links-2.1pre7 and couldn't believe it: What did work
> at university still didn't work here. I carefully inspected the PNGs
> and found out that precisely those did result in trouble that weren't
> grayscale ones. I did fix that problem by converting all the images
> that were non-grayscale to grayscale ones et voilá: now also works on
> my machine.
So, what's new in pre7? (I didn't d/l & install it yet, just the changelog
wasn't updated as per yet.

> Even after bzip2 the tar (that only contains the graphics I did
> convert in their respective directories relative to
> links-2.1pre7/graphics) is still more than 80 K.
Oh yeah.... Imagine a more or less complete Unicode of pngs, to deal with:
actually, 4 full sets of serifs (roman, bold, italics, bold italics) + 4 more
of the same for sans with each set of ~7300 glyphs, plus "serifed" and "sans"
CJK etc., ~27000 glyphs in each. Tar.bz2 bugfix release of this would well
weigh that side of 100 MByte. Unsere Rosie macht uns Hosie, by that
development. Time to switch to xft/freetype2 support, really.
Sei gesund!
AU
 I will ASAP put it

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org