[links-list] Re: Links 2.0pre6 - Cyrillic :-(

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt jupp at gmx.de
Mon Nov 4 15:30:59 PST 2002

* On 2002-11-04 22:54
* aludal <aludal at softhome.net> wrote:
> ...."convert kanji into their hiragana equivalent(s)" <--- while
> this one is highly non-trivial conversion, it also must use a good
> daijiten's index list of ~10 Mbytes or more. Even a Unicode
> embedding makes more sense, sorry.

You are right. I forgot to take into account the On/Kun issue which
makes this a complicated task for computers.

By the way: Lynx is capable of correctly addressing a kanji-enabled
terminal as well as a utf-8 one. Would it be so strange if links -g
is capable of displaying fewer characters than links in a utf-8
terminal?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org