[links-list] Re: Links 2.0pre6 - Cyrillic :-(

aludal aludal at softhome.net
Mon Nov 4 12:25:47 PST 2002

В сообщении от 4 Ноябрь 2002 06:53 вы написали:
> * On 2002-11-04 12:55
>
> * aludal <aludal at softhome.net> wrote:
> > BTW, "Kurs Teoreticheskoy Fiziki" by Lev Davidovich Landau and
> > Evgeny Mihailovich Lifshits, of which "Mehanika" was the 1st
> > volume, was my standard textbook in my alma mater 30 years ago.
>
> Jepp. I own the german Edition that was printed in the German
> Democratic Republic. It still is one of the best books on theoretical
> mechanics. IMHO there are only two alternatives. One is by Vladimir
> I. Arnol'd and one by Ágoston Budó
>
> > --- Arbeit macht frei Software ---
>
> I suppose you don't know that 'Arbeit macht frei' ('work makes you
> free') was the 'slogan' of Auschwitz and other German KZs?
...you supposed it wrong. I've emigrated from the country where Lenin/Stalin
invented KZs, and I know pretty well what motto Oswiecim had.
That was just a black humor about disaster of free/opensource software
business models.
I'm on the brink of inventing something better. Say, you want a feature in
some software -- donate a $1 to the authors, tell others to do the same.
Someone who is capable to donate $100 would naturally have a priority in what
features would be implemented first, but that's life.

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org