[links-list] Re: Links 2.0pre6 - Cyrillic :-(

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt jupp at gmx.de
Mon Nov 4 05:22:33 PST 2002

* On 2002-11-04 12:53
* aludal <aludal at softhome.net> wrote:
>> At the moment, links -g has better support for Hiragana/Katakana than
>> for Cyrillic :-(
> Once again: who needs that Hiragana/Katakana without kanji, tell
> me, please.

What I wanted to express is that the set of Hiragana/Katakana which -
as you correctly point out is of little use - is more complete than
that for Cyrillic - which is much more important.

>> "Mahanika by L.D.Landau i E.M. Lifshic" becomes "Mehanika by . . an a
>> i E.M. i ic". ARGL :-(
> So, what's your problem with 'Mehanika'? Out of these two, it's
> exactly 'Mahanica' which is wrong transliteration.

I did include some typos, sorry. The issue is that several characters
are missing

>> Could anybody re-import the cyrillic characters from Links 2.0pre3
>> into Links 2.0pre7? They were not complete but all cyrillic
>> characters used by Russian were present. At the moment they aren't.
> it's copying of (presumably fuller)
> /century_school-medium-blabla... between versions, but don't do
> that: there's cleaner set. With "1/4", "1/3", "3/4", or whatever
> you were complaining about a while ago.

I would do that manually to make sure that no such things will happen
but unfortunately I did delete the sources of Links 2.0pre3 on my
machine and they did vanish from the FTP server so I simply can't
merge :-(

> Prosit!

"Pros(i)t!" is what one would says immediately before a full glass of
Vodka suddenly becomes an empty one. (a gourmet wouldn't say that if
he drinks a good wine). Outside of that context it is used in terms
like "Na dann mal prost (Mahlzeit!)".

An administrator that is told migration from an S/390 to a cluster of
ordinary PCs running Windows XP might utter:

"The S/390 will be removed thursday next week? Na dann mal pros(i)t
(Mahlzeit!)" - "Pros(i)t  can have quite negative implications.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org