[links-list] Re: Links 2.0pre6 - Cyrillic :-(

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt jupp at gmx.de
Mon Nov 4 06:32:33 PST 2002

* On 2002-11-04 12:55
* Eduard Werner <edi.werner at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I have a complete Russian Cyrillic set (working on full Cyrillic set right
> > now, and on "bolds".... wish they'd have italics on Links...)
>
> Great! I'm looking forward to it.

Yes, great!

> Antialias is not necessary for Kanji, I guess. I'd be content with
> Japanese pages I could at least *read* instead of seeing trash. So
> maybe these pngs could be generated automatically to render simply
> a *readable* version of such pages?

Hmm, IIRC there is a guy that did write a nice proxy that auto-
converts Kanji to their rôma-ji equivalent. Maybe it is possible to
use this as a basis and convert Kanji into their Hiragana equivalent.
That should result in a readable version of such pages.

> Apart from that sloppy use of "transliteration" -- I guess that was
> simply a slip of the finger.

Yes to both. What I did call 'transliteration' is the representation
that Links does use on ASCII-only terminals.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org