[links-list] Re: PDF in Textmode

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt jupp at gmx.de
Mon Nov 4 06:21:12 PST 2002

* On 2002-11-04 12:52
* J. Korte <jkorte at fastado.de> wrote:
> Why don't you use the pdf to txt translation from google, instead of
> showing binary trash?

What's the advantage of text trash in contrast to binary trash?
Almost all PDF documents that actually make use of advanced PDF
features make Google produce Garbage.

Besides that: To my understandign Google's pdf to txt translation is
a copyright infringement. They make a copy of a document. A copy
would be acceptable if it is used for as-is caching or due to
technical requirements but what Google does is neither caching a
verbatim copy nor required - Google used to work without that
feature.

In other words: The makers of Google conciously violate national as
well as international copyright laws. Do you really want to support
that?

Google's policies are becoming more and more questionable. They
ignore such fundamental rights like freedom of speech and actively
support censorship. But maybe I'm just double plus ungood seeing
things.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org