[links-list] Re: Links 2.0pre6 - Cyrillic :-(

aludal aludal at softhome.net
Sun Nov 3 18:08:24 PST 2002

В сообщении от 3 Ноябрь 2002 17:16 вы написали:
> No El, no U, no De, no Zhe, no short I in links -g - neither small
> nor capital ones!
I have a complete Russian Cyrillic set (working on full Cyrillic set right
now, and on "bolds".... wish they'd have italics on Links...)
> At the moment, links -g has better support for Hiragana/Katakana than
> for Cyrillic :-(
Once again: who needs that Hiragana/Katakana without kanji, tell me, please.
Moreover, I've got relatively full (CJK included) Bitstream Cyberbit on this
very Linux box I use Links, who's gonna cut it, re-outline, hint, and
antialiase more than 35 thousand xxxxx.png files? So, when and if Links
authors ever try to make Links fully Unicode/Web encodings compatible (it
means, among others, a *correct* support of at least THREE Japanese
codepages), that Links version (my guess it would sound something like
3.1pre12, hehe....) would be more or less freetype2-compatible for
rasterizing trutypes and capable of using mozilla layout engine.
"Brain" guy would give me his permission, and I'd  upload my re-designed and
re-hinted Russian pngs. As soon as, that is... Stimmt?

> "Mahanika by L.D.Landau i E.M. Lifshic" becomes "Mehanika by . . an a
> i E.M. i ic". ARGL :-(
So, what's your problem with 'Mehanika'? Out of these two, it's exactly
'Mahanica' which is wrong transliteration.

> Could anybody re-import the cyrillic characters from Links 2.0pre3
> into Links 2.0pre7? They were not complete but all cyrillic
> characters used by Russian were present. At the moment they aren't.
it's copying of (presumably fuller) /century_school-medium-blabla... between
versions, but don't do that: there's cleaner set. With "1/4", "1/3", "3/4",
or whatever you were complaining about a while ago.

Prosit!

> Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
Alexander 'Sensei' Udalov

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org