[links-list] Re: I'm in DirectFB-enhanced Links 2.1pre4 now... at last

Sven Neumann sven at convergence.de
Fri Nov 1 17:54:11 PST 2002

Hi,

aludal <aludal at softhome.net> writes:

> > you are looking at a full-screen window. In the README that comes with
> > DirectFB-0.9.14 you can learn how to use the builtin window manager.
>
> nope. What I meant, was that window manager won't work with my
> mouse-keyboard gestures. And possibly with underlying X of different
> resolution.

there's no underlying X involved here. If you start links -g -driver
directfb from X11 we switch to a new virtual terminal and execute
links there. I have no idea what mouse-keyboard gestures you are
talking about.

> > > b) how do I change keyboard layout to what I use: Ctrl-Shift to
> > > switch to Cyrillic?
> >
> > DirectFB uses the kernel keyboard translation table that you can load
> > using loadkeys.
>
> and hidden details of this operation, please? How do I do it? And
> why, for Christ sake? What's wrong with whatever keymap/keytable is
> already loaded?

that's exactly what we do, we use the keymap the kernel loaded for the
console keyboard. What do you mean by "Ctrl-Shift to switch..."? Is
this a feature of your X11 desktop?

> > > c) where's that alpha-blending toy? Wish I knew what I need that one
> > > for, though...
>
> yeah... mousedrag-press Alt won't work, need probably to put all
> that VESA-compatible crap where it belongs and refine my native
> 2048x1536 instead.

you used your Window-key (or Caps-Lock) when you tried this? Your
display resolution is definitely unrelated here.

> Look. How about making that nice 3D-shaded pointer of yours glowing
> when it hits a clickable link? Links guys have experienced
> tremendous difficulties to underline clickable links on pages, or
> just switch cursor form to "finger".  How about making your cursor
> glowing instead?

as I've already explained to you, there is no way for a links graphics
driver to know when to change cursors. Unless the core sends some sort
of notification I can not add this feature to the DirectFB driver.

Salut, Sven

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org