[links-list] Re: I'm in DirectFB-enhanced Links 2.1pre4 now... at last

aludal aludal at softhome.net
Fri Nov 1 17:50:15 PST 2002

В сообщении от 1 Ноябрь 2002 16:52 вы написали:
> Hi,
>
> aludal <aludal at softhome.net> writes:
> > 5. links -g -driver directfb starts the whole bloody thing on full
> > screen. Nice 3D-shaded cursor, though. And rejoice ye linksinners, Shift
> > key is working again!!! (Who broke that, anyway? Deny him his regular
> > Pilsner for the weekend) Otherwise, no sweat:
> > a) where's the windowing thing, I don't need it on full screen?
>
> you are looking at a full-screen window. In the README that comes with
> DirectFB-0.9.14 you can learn how to use the builtin window manager.
nope. What I meant, was that window manager won't work with my mouse-keyboard
gestures. And possibly with underlying X of different resolution. Though
links reports
DirectFB/InputDevice's: both IMPS/2 Mouse and Keyboard 0.9 (convergence
blablabla GmbH) as in place (with Single Application Core, though. But I
don't think I'd need a multi-application dfb just to watch other windows on
my desktop.

> > b) how do I change keyboard layout to what I use: Ctrl-Shift to switch to
> > Cyrillic?
>
> DirectFB uses the kernel keyboard translation table that you can load
> using loadkeys.
and hidden details of this operation, please? How do I do it? And why, for
Christ sake? What's wrong with whatever keymap/keytable is already loaded?

> > c) where's that alpha-blending toy? Wish I knew what I need that one
> > for, though...
yeah... mousedrag-press Alt won't work, need probably to put all that
VESA-compatible crap where it belongs and refine my native 2048x1536 instead.

> how to set window opacity is explained in the DirectFB README as well.
uhu. with the same result.

Look. How about making that nice 3D-shaded pointer of yours glowing when it
hits a clickable link? Links guys have experienced tremendous difficulties to
underline clickable links on pages, or just switch cursor form to "finger".
How about making your cursor glowing instead?

AU

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org