[links-list] Re: development ideas

Matt Ackeret mattack at vax.hanford.org
Fri Nov 1 14:23:33 PST 2002

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Petr Baudis wrote:
>Though I'm honestly not sure about reasons for using lynx (except its support
>for DOS) - this is not intended to start a flame, I just wondered many times in
>what exactly is lynx superior to ELinks (so that we could help ourselves a bit
>in the ladder ;-) and feared to ask.

It's faster for some kinds of browsing.

My specific example is if I want to go search for something quickly at
imdb.com, I'll fire up lynx.   Not so coincidentally, imdb is the first
bookmark that shows up, and since my bookmark page is my start page, I just
hit return and go to imdb.

Since lynx does single-pass rendering, it can be faster.

I use links when I want it to "look pretty", though I admit I don't use links
as often anymore since I'm using Chimera, which is _hella fast_ for a GUI
browser.

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org