[links-list] Re: development ideas

Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters miciah at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 1 08:05:59 PST 2002

On 20021101 07:37:30, Petr Baudis <pasky at pasky.ji.cz> wrote:
> Dear diary, on Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 05:11:43AM CET, I got a letter, where bulia
> byak <bulia at dr.com> told me, that...
> > modern graphic browsers that, I think, will make even more sense in a
> > text-only browser. I'm just wondering if anyone of the (e)links developers
> > considered implementing them.
> >
> > 1. Type-ahead find, as implemented in Mozilla recently. You just start to
> > type any word from any visible link, and it becomes selected at once. A very
> > "textual" feature that would make (e)links much more pleasant to use. This is
> > somewhat similar to numbered links, but is MUCH faster and more intuitive.

> Well, as (E)Links is a text browser, it has to be much more focused on the
> keyboard, which has to be the primary mean of control. Thus, most of the keys
> are bound to various actions, thus they can't be safely used for the type-ahead
> find.  Except that it'd be prefixed by some key as well, obviously. Interesting
> idea ;-).

Make the search dialogue optional, and implement incremental search just
like in your standard text editor.  That would be _very_ nice.  (Please
do not say DIY.)

To stray from the topic slightly, I would much like to change the search
highlight colour; black-on-gray does not stand out. Such an option
should be trivial to implement; maybe I'll do so.

 -- Miciah <miciah at myrealbox.com>
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org